July 19, 2013

Am I for it? - written in April 2013, reviewed today!

I have been quite busy since posted to International Student Centre. A new place, new environment and new set of teamwork. Everyday is like a new day to me...new shocking issues, new challenges and sometime new headache! Anyway, I am settling down and learned to accept the fact that Allah sent me here for good reasons...Although it's not an easy rowing for me, but I'll try my very best to perform with Allah will. InsyaAllah...InsyaAllah...InsyaAllah. There was a promotion exercise recently, it was a quick decision by the VC to advertise the more than 2 years vacant N52 post. He has been delaying the promotion exercise for reason like there's no suitable candidate to hold the position. It's okay...there's a truth in it. I also wish to see a credible, brilliant,global and multitask leader to be in the senior position as our outfit is currently perceived as lack of talent and leadership personnel! Yes, in my personal view, there's a leadership crisis in the Registrar outfit. Don't agree with me? It's okay, I don't expect to have follower to agree with my opinion. But the real fact is, sometimes the management found difficulties in putting the right people at the right place, sometimes the negative perception jeopardize the courage one have to move forward. Negative perception, with low motivation, complacent attitude are some of the factors that affects the promotion exercise. Left this argument behind, as I am going to conduct a research on Crisis Leadership soon (when? really not sure.....but will do that!) Today: The promotion exercise to Grade N52 was re-advertised again - change of promotion exercise format i.e. INTERVIEW ONLY... Some of my colleagues sat for exams after the first advertisement... Anyway, I have not decide whether to apply or not...Let Allah tick my heart to make the right decision! I pray for the right person to get the post. Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment